PE and Sport Mission Statement
We at Church Hill Infant School, wish to provide the best PE and sport provision possible. We aim to deliver a programme of high quality lessons and to provide a pathway to participation that will enable all pupils to build their confidence and achieve their full potential.
Primary School PE and Sport Funding for 2021/22
The government provides additional funding to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and is allocated directly to primary schools to achieve the Department for Education’s vision for Primary PE and Sport Premium that:
ALL pupils leaving primary school will be physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of funding
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Our aim is higher quality PE lessons and improved learning for all children!