Welcome to Year 2. We are really looking forward to getting to know you all this year. Here are a few bits of information for the start of the year.
· PE days will be on Monday and Friday starting from Friday 3rd September. Please remember to send your child to school in their PE kit. We will be outside as much as possible so please wear appropriate clothing. Don’t forget that all jewellery must be removed.
· Over the next two weeks we will be listening to your child read. We will then give out a reading book and reading diary on Friday 3rd September. This year we will also be providing a library book each week to encourage reading for pleasure.
· Reading books will be changed on Tuesday and Friday.
· Library books will be changed on Friday and will only be changed when the previous book is returned.
· Please aim to read as much at home as possible but at least three times a week.
· Please remember to bring a named water bottle every day and a school style flat book bag which can fit into a drawer. No huge rucksacks!
· We will be using the school field in all weathers so please bring in a named pair of wellies.
· We will be continuing to use Seesaw for any home based learning. Also keep an eye on this for messages and to see photographs of the children at school.